Wednesday, August 13, 2008

US Mens Eliminated by Nigeria 2-1

They must have thought that Nigeria was a bosom buddy who wouldn't try at all to beat them.

They probably thought playing for a draw was a sure thing.

Well, now they've booked their tickets alright. For home!

I'd like to say I told them so but I won't. I can't comprehend how they can always say things that sound so arrogant.

Alexi Lalas, former general manager of the LA Galaxy is a prime example of someone who shoots off their mouth without thinking.

A while back when talks with signing Beckham surfaced, Lalas was trash talking himself into trouble by comparing the English Premier League as equal to MLS.

He said players this side of the Atlantic was just a good as any over in the English league.

Hopefully the new coach of USMNT (Olympics) will get it.

No comments: